What is the system volume information?
Let's talk a little about computer systems and how you can manage them. So:
System volume information. What is it?
System Volume Information is a folder. It's hidden. It contains data that allows the system recovery program to perform its functions. The folder is in the system directory. A similar folder is created in each partition of the computer's disk. This folder is accessed when restoring the system. Some of the data that it contains can help to troubleshoot the whole system. Do not even mention that the folder is simply vital and should not be deleted.
How do I clear System Volume Information?
This folder usually goes through the cleaning process intime for general cleaning of the disc. Also, you can use the free and easy-to-use utility CCleaner. In order for the folder to not be filled again, you can turn off the system restore function. However, this is fraught with the fact that if the software fails, all files will be deleted and can not be restored, since the folder that contains the necessary information is empty.
Here's what you need to do in order to disable the system restore function:
- Right-click My Computer.
- Click the Properties button in the window that appears.
- Click the System Restore tab.
- In the appeared window it is necessary to put a tick in front of the function "Disable system recovery on all disks".
- After that, click Apply. Here's how to delete data from System Volume Information.
- Still, we recommend that you leave the system restore function. You can reduce the amount of memory that is allocated to the recovery. You can do this.
- Again, go to the window in which you selected Disable System Restore on all disks.
- If there is a tick, you need to remove it.
- Click on the options button.
- You will see a slider, which is an indicator of the amount of memory used for recovery.
- Move it to the left - this means less memory.
So you can free up space on your system drive and save a very important function of system recovery.
Do not delete or edit the System folderVolume Information, as you may lose the ability to restore the system in the event of system failure. The computer is most convenient for the user. If you consider yourself weak in matters that concern setting up and optimizing computer systems, then you should not attempt to edit the system folders yourself.
A computer is a complex device thatit is necessary for a modern man in the modern world. We have long been unable to imagine our life without a monitor, mouse, keyboard and system unit. The present generation is a computer generation, whose life scenario, in many ways, unfolds on the stages and platforms of virtual space. Do not let modern technology lure you into the virtual world, for it is a fiction.