what do bees make wax?
what do bees make wax?
- On the back legs of working bees there are so-called brushes and baskets (grooves) for collection and transfer of pollen; on the lower half-rings of the abdomen, waxen mirrors (areas of chitin, on which the wax secretes waxy glands hardens in the form of plates); special glands secrete milk, containing a significant amount of protein substances and possessing valuable nutritional properties.
Beeswax, a fatty granular substance excreted by special glands of honey bees and some other insects. Consisting of a mixture of esters (up to 75%), free carboxylic acids and saturated hydrocarbons, it is rich in vitamin A (100 IU of cellular vitamin A contains 4096 IU of vitamin A). Specific mass of 0,956-0,969. Melts at a temperature of 62-72 C. Insoluble in water; easily dissolves in ether, chloroform, benzene, gasoline, turpentine oil. From the P. in. bees build honeycombs. Working bees with upper jaws form wax when making honeycomb. Pure P. in. We are going to make artificial wax. Less clean is used in technology. P. in. is a part of many medical ointments, plasters, cosmetic creams.
Honey combs, beeswax buildings designed for storage of feed stocks (md and pergium) and rearing of offspring; are also a nest of a bee family. The spine consists of hexahedral prismatic cells located on either side of the common mediastinum, which can be artificial. In the north, the cells are distinguished: bees, drone, transition and queen cells. To build a single bee cell, bees spend about 13 mg of wax, 30 mg drone, for the construction of the entire 140150 honeycomb. The size of the barrel depends on the shape and size of the standard beehive frame. In the hive the honeycombs are arranged vertically. Honeycomb-filled honeycombs in standard frames contain up to 4 kg of md. The most advanced structures of insects.
- Bee wax is obtained as a result of processing various types of wax raw materials. These include old, black honeycombs, culled from the hive, white, fresh honeycombs from the building frames, lids from the printout of honeycombs, cleaning from the hive, rubbish after hibernation of bees, etc. All this primary waxy raw material, extracted directly from the hive, is called sushi . In addition to it, in a large number of processed at the wax-work factories pasechnye vytopki and merva, and wax extraction - the factory measure. Depending on the waxiness (content of wax), the sushi is divided into the following three trade grades. I grade. Dry white, yellow or amber, well-visible, dry, without perga, md and other foreign impurities, free of moth and mold. The waxiness is 70% and higher. II grade. The land is dark-brown or dark, shines through the bottom, dry, without perga, without mica and other foreign impurities. The same applies to the light-yellow ground of the 1st grade with an admixture of Perga to 15% by the volume of the unmixed honeycomb. The waxiness is 55-70%. Ill grade. The land is dark, dark, black, not translucent at all, but dry, light, without glue, without moth and mold. It also includes a lighter land containing perga. The waxiness is 40-55%. The land that does not meet the conditions (conditions) of Class III, is equal to the digging. Composition of land. The land consists of three groups of different substances:
2) of non-water-insoluble substances; bee cocoons, partly pergs, etc.; Of these substances, a waste is usually formed after voskopressa - merva;
3) of non-water soluble substances in water: remnants of honey in the honeycomb, feces left after the larvae, etc. When processing the waxy raw materials, these substances dissolve in water and constitute the so-called "burning", i.e. the lack of weight between the processed wax raw materials, on the one hand, and received wax and measured - on the other.
When the bee grows slightly, a wax begins to appear in its mouth, from which honeycombs make, and now it becomes a builder.
- THEY DO NOT DO THIS PEOPLE.