The drug "Omeprazole" from what appoint? How to treat gastritis or heartburn with the help of "omeprazole"?
The drug "Omeprazole" from what is appointed? The answer to this question you will find a little further. In addition, you will learn about the composition of the medication presented, how it should be taken and in what doses.
General information about the medicinal product
What is the drug "Omeprazole", fromWhat is it appointed and in what form does it go on sale? This drug is a synthetic antiulcer drug that will reduce the secretion of the glands of the stomach.
Form of release and composition of the product
This medication goes on sale in the form ofcapsules. They contain an active ingredient, such as omeprazole, in an amount of 20 mg. All capsules are placed in a blister for 7 or 10 pieces. In one carton can be 1, 2, 3 or 4 blisters.
Pharmacological action of the drug
The drug "Omeprazole" reduces the secretion of glandsstomach. It is a prodrug and acts regardless of the type of stimulus. According to the patients, this drug can have antisecretory effects during the first 2 hours after administration. In people with peptic ulcer disease of the duodenum or stomach, the acidity of the gastric juice decreases by 80% every 24 hours.
Medication "Omeprazole" from what is appointed? Indications for use
As you know, this drug is often included in combined therapy of diseases of the digestive tract, or rather for treatment:
- ulcers and erosion of the stomach and 12-colon, as well as for the prevention of their relapse;
- NSAID-induced gastropathy;
- hypersecretory conditions (for example, polyendocrine adenomatosis, systemic mastocytosis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, stress ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract).
Capsules "Omeprazole" from what else are appointed or nominated? As part of complex therapy, this drug, as well as its analogs, is used to kill Helicobacter pylori in peptic ulcer disease of the 12-типерстной gut and stomach. Among other things, this drug is used during general anesthesia to prevent aspiration of the acidic contents of the main digestive organ in the respiratory tract.
Contraindications to the use of medicinal product
Now you know what you are taking"Omeprazole." But before using this medication, you should always consult a doctor. After all, such a drug has its contraindications. So, the drug "Omeprazole" is not desirable to take during lactation, in childhood, as well as with increased sensitivity to its auxiliary or active substances.
Take with extreme caution
Tablets from the stomach "Omeprazole" should be taken with extreme caution and only under the supervision of an experienced specialist during the bearing of the child, as well as with renal and hepatic insufficiency.
Methods of application and dosage of medicament
Medication "Omeprazole" is preferably taken infirst half of the day. It is best to do this in the morning, regardless of the meal. Dosage of this drug is prescribed only by a doctor on the basis of the diagnosis:
- With an ulcer of the 12-colon it is recommendedTake 1 capsule 1 time per day. It should be especially noted that the decrease in the severity of the signs of the disease occurs quite quickly. In most patients scarring of ulcers occurs during the first 2 weeks of therapy. Those who have not been helped by such treatment, it is desirable to extend it for another 14 days.
- With an ulcer of the 12-colon, which is resistant to therapy, this medication is prescribed 2 capsules once a day. In this case scarring occurs within 4 weeks.
- With gastric ulcer should be taken 20 mgthe drug once a day. The decrease in the severity of the symptoms of the disease usually occurs rather quickly. In most patients scarring of ulcers occurs during the first 4 weeks of therapy. If such a course of treatment does not bring results, it is advisable to continue for another 28 days.
- With a stomach ulcer that is resistant to therapy, a medication is prescribed at 40 mg once a day. Scarring of ulcers occurs within 8 weeks.
- When reflux-esophagitis, doctors usually prescribesuch a preparation in the amount of 1 capsule once a day. Reduction in the severity of signs of the disease occurs quite quickly. In most people, a positive result of therapy is observed during the first 4 weeks, and in a smaller number of patients - after about 8 weeks. Patients with a severe course of the disease, such as reflux-esophagitis, and also from heartburn "omeprazole" are prescribed in an amount of 40 mg once a day.
- In case of peptic ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori, this medication is prescribed 2 capsules twice a day for 7 days in combination with antibacterial drugs.
- The drug "Omeprazole" from gastritis and with erosive lesions of the gastric mucosa should be taken 20 mg once a day for 4-7 weeks.
Side effects of the drug
The most frequent disorders of the digestive tract, which are observed after taking the drug "omeprazole", include the following:
- constipation or diarrhea;
- dryness of the oral mucosa;
- stomach ache;
- a taste disorder;
- impaired liver function;
- Hepatitis, which develops with a previous liver disease.
Among other things, an uncontrolled drug "Omeprazole" can cause other side effects:
- peripheral edema;
- thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, pancytopenia, encephalopathy;
- arthralgia, myalgia, myasthenia gravis;
- increased sweating;
- impaired vision;
- interstitial nephritis, fever, anaphylactic shock, hives and angioedema;
- photosensitization, exudative erythema multiforme, skin rash, pruritus and alopecia;
- general malaise.
If the drug "Omeprazole" is taken in cases,when the main disease of the gastrointestinal tract is accompanied by severe somatic abnormalities, the patient may develop severe headaches, dizziness, depression and excessive excitement.
It is not recommended to take this drug morethe prescribed dose to avoid an overdose. After all, in this case, the patient can observe a strong development of drowsiness, arrhythmia, confusion, blurred vision, severe headaches, nausea, dryness of the oral mucosa and tachycardia.
Analogues of the medicinal product
Today there are quite a few analogspreparation "Omeprazole". Among them, the following can be noted: Omeprazol Sandoz, Romesque, Omekaps, Promez, Omeprus, Omeprazol-Akri, Omeprazol-Akos, Omefez, Omitox, Ozid "," Sopral "," Omizak "," Omeprazol-N.S. "," Ultop "," Omeprazol-Richter "," Helicide "," Omipix "," Omeprazol-FPO "," Ulkozol "," Pleom-20 " "," Tsisagast "and" Omeprazol-Stada ". What is the purpose of such funds? All these medicines are indicated with increased acidity of gastric juice. Take them for treatment of the digestive tract should only be prescribed by a doctor.