Oily hair: what to do?
Many girls ask: "Oily hair: what to do?". Owners of this type of hair have to wash their hair every day and even several times a day. Fatness itself is an indicator of sebaceous gland activity. On the one hand, greasy hair looks beautiful and shiny, but caring for them is a rather difficult task. In this article we will look at what to do with greasy hair and how to provide them with the right care.
Oily hair features
The main feature of oily hair is active sebaceous glands. They are located next to the hair follicles. Of them stands out the so-called fat, which cleans these follicles, and also nourishes the hair and protects them. As a result, hair becomes elastic, shiny and saturated with nutrients. Of course, even dry hair has sebaceous glands, but their activity is extremely low. While oily hair, there is the so-called Hyper-Seborrhea. Because of this, many girls experience severe itching, and also face hair loss.
Oily hair care
Oily hair requires special care, as it is necessary to wash them often, and this can adversely affect not only the scalp, but also the hair itself.
- One of the most effective measures to reduce fat content is improved hair nutrition. And we are not talking about masks, but about what you eat. In many ways, the growth and development of hair, as well as the activity of the sebaceous glands depends on our diet. Therefore, to reduce fat, it is recommended to reduce the consumption of fatty, sweet, as well as spicy and fried foods. Thanks to this you can improve the condition of your hair.
- The hair also needs vitamins and mineral complexes. They can be purchased at a regular pharmacy. However, it is strongly recommended to consult a doctor. Some complexes and dietary supplements may simply not suit you, due to the individual characteristics of the organism.
- Do not forget to drink plenty of water, for normal growth your hair needs at least two liters of pure water daily.
- It is important to remember that the enhanced secretion of fat causes intense combing and head massage.Oily hair requires a soft, delicate care. You should not wear a hat in the warm season, your scalp should breathe. It is also not recommended to wash your hair under hot water. Use water at room temperature. The best shampoo is low chlorine water. If your area is hard water, it is recommended to use fresh distilled.
- Just do not forget that it is not recommended to abuse the drying of hair. This is especially true of styling. Try to use a hair dryer so that the stream of hot air does not fall on the scalp.
- Finally, special attention should be paid to the choice of shampoo. You should not buy regular shampoos that are suitable for all types of hair. Choose a shampoo that belongs to the professional series. Usually these shampoos are made from organic cosmetics. The shampoo should be soft, and shampoo for normal hair can also come, but it should not be used more than once a day.
Additional care products
But what if the hair is very oily? For this there are additional funds.
- Be sure to use a special balm for oily hair care, which should be applied to hair and greasy hair roots.It is also good to use special means for peeling the scalp. They can be used no more than 1 time per week.
- You can also use oil masks. For oily hair, masks with jojoba extract, almond and sesame oil are suitable. If you prefer to use essential oils, choose oil of eucalyptus, lemon, cedar, cypress, mint and sage.
- Use decoctions of plantain grass, linden, nettle and St. John's wort. Rinse the skin after each wash.
- You can use henna, as it dries the scalp.
- You can not use shampoos, which are composed of silicone substances, as well as the use of ceramic perm.