Mirror carp is a true Russian fish. Benefits, recipes
Since ancient times, the fish is loved by the inhabitants of our country. Carp can rightly be considered a national dish: in many families, holidays can not do without this table decoration. How to cook and serve this fish?
Mirror carp: classification
This fish is a domesticated carp, which differs from its subspecies by a naked body: it has either no scales or is scattered around the carcass in places. The mirror carp is very large: adults reach 1-1.5 meters and can weigh up to 20-25 kg. Life expectancy for this fish is on average 20 years. The carp does not have a stomach, it takes food uninterruptedly. Because of this, as well as omnivorous, the meat of this fish is very fat and tasty.
For carp fishing anglers recommend buying a float fishing rod with a powerful rod. To catch a large individual weighing more than 10 kg, one cannot do without the use of a thick leash (minimum 0.7 mm).
How to distinguish from other subspecies?
In addition to the mirror, there are carps:
- The common (or scaly) is the closest relative of the carp. The whole body of an ordinary carp is equally covered with uniform light scales. Perfectly adapts to any conditions of life. Basically lives in the rivers, and also in stagnant ponds of small depth.
- Naked - it is characterized by a complete lack of scales and marsh color (often has a greenish tint).
Features mirror carp:
- Naked body with a silvery or mirror tint, with a rare distribution of scales.
- A small number of rays on the fins.
- It can achieve greater weight than the relatives (ordinary or bare carps).
- For life, he needs aerated water, so he lives in shallow water.
Photo mirror carp presented in this article.
The mirror carp is a very bony fish. However, this disadvantage fades in comparison with the multiple advantages of its meat: it is rich in useful antioxidants, microelements and vitamins, has a savory taste and delicate structure. Mirror carp is an ideal dish for people with weakened immune systems.
Recipes in the oven
The most popular dish is a mirror carp baked in the oven. You can prepare it in several ways, here are some of them:
1. A small fish needs to be cleaned and gutted, rubbed with a mixture of ground black pepper and salt. Then, on the sides of the carcass, make several small shallow cuts and insert lemon slices into them. After that, pour plenty of lemon juice on the fish and send it to the refrigerator for an hour and a half.
While the carp is pickled in the refrigerator, it is necessary to prepare the stuffing: chop the cabbage finely (you can use both sour and fresh for cooking), salt and pepper, then fry in a pan without the addition of olive oil. Separately, chop the onion half rings, mix the mayonnaise and sour cream (50 grams).
After that, you can start stuffing and cooking mirror carp in the oven. According to the recipe, you need to lay out onions on the foil, on top put fish stuffed with fried cabbage. Then wrap and clean in an oven warmed to 220 degrees for 15 minutes. After the specified time, you should unroll the foil, coat the fish with the previously prepared sauce, after 20 minutes it is necessary to add the sauce again.After re-coating with mayonnaise and sour cream, the carp should be roasted in the oven for another 15 minutes until fully cooked. The finished dish is served with vegetables and lemon. Bon Appetit!
2. Stuffed carp. Ingredients: fish fillet, onion, milk, bun, salt, pepper. First you need to scroll the carp through a meat grinder, as well as onion sliced and fried in vegetable oil. To add the minced meat, add a muffin soaked in a small amount of milk, mix thoroughly, add spices to taste. To obtain the desired dense consistency, you need to beat the fish mixture with your hands for 15 minutes, then form small sausages, wrap each into foil. Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for 30-40 minutes. After time, let the dish cool, separate the sausages from the foil and cut into pieces. The finished fish dish can be decorated with greens and serve with boiled potatoes. A great addition will be the cooked salad of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Bon Appetit!