How to replace the CV joint?
No matter how much you want to avoid it, but sometimes, after all, you have to repair your “iron friend”. Therefore, we consider in this article how to replace the CV joint in the car.
So, the CV JOINT - the hinge of equal angular speeds. It is needed to transfer torque from the gearbox to the wheels. In order to independently determine the state of CV joints, you need to perform just a few simple steps. Turn the wheels first to the right (then to the left) and slowly start moving. If you hear a characteristic crackle - it's time to make repairs. It is also worth periodically inspecting the condition of the rubber seal: if there are traces of lubricant around it, then it is urgent to replace it. The reason is that SHRUS will work normally only with a sufficient amount of lubricant and in the absence of exposure to aggressive environment.
Before starting work it is necessary to prepare the tool and the site. When replacing the CV joints, raise the front of the machine and install the supports.
Then we perform in the following sequence:
- Remove the wheels.
- Loosen the hub nuts, pre-remove the caps and safety studs. When carrying out this procedure, it is desirable to have an assistant: he presses on the brake pedal, and the second at this time breaks the nut locking hub. This is due to the fact that they are very securely twisted, so it is quite difficult to “break” them.
- Turn off the ball bearing.
- Completely unscrew the nut hub.
- Disconnect the shaft from the gearbox.
- Next, proceed to the replacement of worn parts.