How to fry perch?
Pike perch is a truly universal fish, equally suitable for any cooking method. Very tasty fried pike perch. Recipes for its preparation can be very diverse, from very simple, affordable to any novice hostess, to the most sophisticated restaurant options. You can fry a perch in portions, sliced with skin and bones, you can try to cook roasted fillet of pike perch, dipping it in a batter or serving it in bread crumbs. Small sudachks are sometimes fried entirely - in the form of a flattened carcass with a carved ridge. Pikeperch, roasted with a small amount of butter, deep-fried, on a grill or on a spit, is equally good. First, let's talk in more detail about how to fry zander in the easiest, traditional way.
- Prepared (cleaned from scales, gutted and well washed), cut the pike perch carcass transversely into pieces with a thickness of one and a half centimeters.
- Salt and sprinkle each piece of pepper with pepper, put them in an enamel bowl and leave in a cool place for a quarter of an hour to get salted. Salted fish preserve their shape during frying better than salted fish immediately before cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare a plate of flour and heat the sunflower oil in a pan.
- Each piece of perch roll well in flour and put in a frying pan. Fry the fish over medium heat, turning several times during the cooking process, until a crisp golden crust is formed.
- Serve the perch on the table hot with fried potatoes or mashed potatoes, garnished with parsley sprigs and a slice of lemon.
Fried pike perch in batter
- Fillet of large pike perch weighing at least 1.5 kg, cleaned from skin and bones, cut diagonally into narrow and long sticks, salt and pepper, lightly sprinkle with lemon juice and leave for a quarter of an hour in a cool place.
- At this time, cook the batter (semi-liquid dough) from eggs, flour, salt and vegetable oil. There are a great many recipes for batter, but these four ingredients are invariably present in all of them.You can just beat three eggs thoroughly with salt and three tablespoons of butter, then, without stopping stirring, gradually add a flour to the mixture in a teaspoon until the dough has the consistency of thick sour cream. After that, start frying fish. You can experiment a little and add to the dough a few spoons of milk, carbonated mineral water or beer, the main thing is to withstand the necessary thickness.
- Now dip the pieces of fish in the batter and fry them in deep fat, until each piece gets a beautiful fried crust. If the batter badly sticks to pieces of zander, they can be pre-dipped in flour, and then dipped in dough.
- Such fish is served with lemon slices, thick tomato sauce and tartar sauce.