How to delete contacts from iPhone?
Most owners of supported iPhone, afterpurchases often have to face the fact that their "new old" phone, filled to the brink of contacts by the previous owner. He apparently considered it necessary to provide you with this valuable information, and most likely he was, like many, not in the know how to delete contacts with the iPhone.
This can be done manually, by going to the listcontacts, then selecting the desired one, click the "Edit" icon, then "Edit" and "Delete". Manual removal is convenient, if you need to erase a small number of contacts, or favorites, but what to do if the contacts are a thousand or more. Yes, and to do the deletion, dozens of entries by hand, agree, uncomfortable.
There is always a way out and in this case it is extremely simple.
In order to delete all contacts from your iPhone, you should use the following step-by-step instruction.
- Connect the standard iTunes service and sync with the iPhone. (by clicking on the "Synchronization" button in the phone management menu)
- Open the device tab and select our connected iPhone.
- In the context menu we turn to the item "Information", and put a checkmark in the item "Synchronize contacts with". Synchronize with the program in which the contact list is empty.
- Below in the "Add-ons" tab, check the "Contacts" option
- Click "Apply" and in the dialog that appears, click the "Replace information" function.
As a result, after synchronization and execution of allthe above-mentioned actions, the phone book of your iPhone will be completely empty, and you will be able to make new contact information in it absolutely free.
That's all! In this example, we successfully considered how to delete contacts with iPhone 4. In a similar way, the iPhone (2G, 3G, 3GS) and on the current 4S and the newest iPhone 5 are also deleted.
Takes this procedure, very little time. It is worth to pay tribute to the comfort, convenience and speed of iTunes.
It is worth noting that the easiest way to synchronizewith Microsoft Outlook or Windows Contacts. It is necessary to take into account that the list of contacts must be blank. Otherwise, the old saved contacts will automatically be on your iPhone.