Cities of Crimea: list, photo with description, which is better to visit, tips and reviews of tourists
Crimea in recent years has become a controversial point on the political map of the world, but the number of tourists here has only increased. On the peninsula come to enjoy the beauty of nature, the warm sea and the gentle sun.
In addition to the beautiful nature, the cities of the Republic of Crimea are rich in historical sights, which are unlikely to be seen in one visit. For those planning a trip to the peninsula, it’s worth reading the article to successfully plan a trip.
The main sights of the Crimea
The peninsula of Crimea is very rich in amazing sights and beautiful places. No wonder the Crimean beauty inspired many creative people to masterpieces, be it poems, paintings, stories or films. Resting on the peninsula, it is impossible to abandon the many excursions in cities and towns of the Crimea, ancient buildings and modern parks.
What you need to see in the Crimea?
- Swallow's Nest. This landmark appeared on the peninsula about a century ago, although it looks like an ancient Gothic castle. The German baron built himself a cottage, which was supposed to remind him of his homeland. Now this beautiful building is a restaurant.
- Tauric Chersonesos. More than two and a half millennia ago, the Greeks founded the city. It was here that Prince Vladimir was baptized. Today, the ruins of Chersonesos attract tourists from all over the world, there is an archaeological museum and a national reserve.
- Mount Demerdzhi. In the north of the Alushta Valley there is a picturesque mountain resembling a medieval castle. To the west is the Valley of Ghosts, where hundreds of stone sculptures rest in the ruins of a fortress, resembling the outlines of people and animals.
- The first settlement on the place where Sevastopol is now located was founded in the 6th century BC under the name Telapil. This place was captured by the Greeks, then it belonged to the Roman Empire, then Byzantine. In 988, the city was captured by Prince Vladimir, and it was here that according to tradition he adopted the Christian faith.
- Mount Ai-Petri.Once there was a Greek temple of St. Peter, the remains of which can be seen today. From the highest point there is a stunning view of the coast of the peninsula.
Best resorts and beaches
The resorts of Crimea are a great place for summer holidays. In recent years, resorts and cities of the Republic of Crimea are actively developing and improving, opening new hotels and recreation areas. And the opening of the Kerch bridge will make the rest even more affordable.
List of cities in Crimea and resorts:
- Southern Crimea: Alupka, Alushta, Gurzuf, Foros, Yalta. This is the famous part of the resort and the most frequently visited due to comfortable climatic conditions, the presence of mineral and mud springs.
- Western Crimea: Chernomorskoe, Olenevka, Marino, Evpatoria, Coastal, Saki, Nikolaevka, Sevastopol, Balaklava. Tourists are attracted to lower prices here than in the rest of the peninsula, while the beaches are great for families with children.
- The list of cities of Crimea in the east: Sea, Sudak, Resort, Koktebel, Ordzhonikidze, Feodosiya, Beregovoe, Seaside, Kerch. A very popular tourist destination, offering numerous beaches and comfortable weather.
The most popular resort and the largest city of Crimea offers tourists a lot of hotels, resorts, rest homes. Walking along the streets of Yalta, you can visit the museum of local lore, the Massandrovsky Palace, Chekhov's house-museum, the zoo. Not far from the city is the Livadia Palace and Nikitinsky Botanical Garden.
Beach lovers Yalta offers beaches that have been awarded the international sign "Blue Flag" for cleanliness and high service. On the beaches of Yalta, everything is provided for a comfortable rest: changing rooms, rescue points, first-aid posts, equipment rental and a variety of entertainment.
The city of Crimea Yalta has retained the status of the “Russian Riviera” since the times of the Soviet past. This is a very popular holiday destination, which offers luxury hotels along with budget holiday options.
What cities of Crimea do not consider, on the whole peninsula there is no longer such a concentration of entertainment for tourists. The Vorontsov Palace and the Swallow Nest attract connoisseurs of architecture, the rocks of Simeiz and Mount Ai-Petri attract nature lovers and breathtaking views.
Thanks to the cozy flat beaches Evpatoria is the best place to relax with children. The shallow water allows babies to run and swim.The city has many specialized beaches, based on the names of which, you can make a choice. For example, the “Sportivny” beach offers soccer and volleyball courts, the “Sunshine” beach invites you to enjoy a relaxing holiday, get a sun and sea bath.
Sevastopol is a large commercial port and city, having the status of a separate subject of the Russian Federation.
Here are unique attractions: the ruins of the ancient settlement of Chersonese, monuments of war eras, museums, a magnificent embankment and others. Not far from the city there is the cave monastery Inkerman and the submarine base in Balaclava.
In addition to attractions, the city offers numerous hotels and holiday homes, as well as a huge number of beaches and picturesque bays.
On the shore of the Kerch Bay is located the third in the list of the large cities of Crimea and the most eastern city of Kerch. The history of the city has several millennia and keeps the monuments of the Bosporus and Scythian kingdoms, Byzantine villages. Kerch is a hero-city, commemorating the Great Patriotic War.
The city has a well-developed tourist infrastructure: transport, hotels, restaurants, entertainment. Tourists come here to enjoy a beach holiday on the Black Sea coast, as well as on mud springs and salt lakes. There are widespread water rides and excursions, as well as extreme forms of entertainment.
An ideal place for year-round recreation - the wonderful city of Crimea Alushta - located 37 kilometers from Yalta. The city has two watersheds, between which the air constantly moves from the sea to the peninsula and back, so there is always scorching sun and mild winter. Comfortable beach season lasts from May to October. And the air of Alushta is considered not only pleasant, but also curative.
Alushta is rich in places of recreation, hotels and sanatoriums, and the main attraction is the unprecedented beauty of nature.
Alushta is one of the best cities of the Crimea, where everyone will find entertainment for the soul, great emotions and unforgettable impressions. While resting in Alushta, you can visit the ruins of the ancient fortress of Aluston, the Valley of Ghosts, the Jur-Jur Cave and the picturesque waterfall, the Alushta Aquarium Terrarium, and the highest point of the Crimean Mountains Roman-Kosh.
Whatever cities of the Republic of Crimea would choose, they all will give the opportunity to enjoy the warm sea of the Black Sea coast and plunge into the atmosphere of magnificent charming rest.