A common problem is constipation in newborns with breastfeeding
Newborn children are weak, not yethas adapted to the surrounding conditions and nutrition of the intestines, so they have a lot of problems with digestion and stool. Many children are confronted with them, so parents should pay due attention to their root causes and treatment. After all, for my mother there is nothing worse than a suffering and crying baby. This article will consider such important issues as constipation in newborns with breastfeeding, diarrhea and other problems with the intestines.
Signs of constipation in children
Constipation in newborns with breastfeedingcan be determined by the following features: a hard and dry stool, as well as its absence for several days. The child thus expresses concern, and at attempt to emptied - strongly cries and knits. Therefore, many mothers eventually resort to enema and other methods, which will be described below, helping to cope with this problem. There is also a folk method to help the baby to poke. To do this, cut a small piece of soap and insert it into the anus of the baby. Children tolerate this procedure very painfully, but the stool occurs almost immediately after the injection.
Causes of constipation in infants and their treatment
Constipation in newborns during breastfeeding occurs for the following reasons:
- Violation of the process and the mode of feeding. The child should be given more boiled water. Good in this problem helps tea with fennel and dill water.
- Mother's maternal nutrition. A nursing woman needs to eat more greens, beets, prunes, drink more water and eat foods that contain fiber. Alcohol, chocolate, coffee and cheese - completely excluded from the diet. A dish of dried apricots, raisins and prunes will help to improve the work of the children's stomach. These products are poured with kefir and insist during the night. Eat this mixture should be for breakfast.
- The baby day mode is incorrectly organized.
- Too early introduction of complementary foods. An infant fully breastfed, provided that there is enough milk, it is possible to start introducing complementary foods no earlier than six months.
- Weak and low motor activity of the baby. Before the feeding should be held gymnastics with the carapace. For example, lay it on your stomach and do a "bike".
- Often, constipation in newborns with thoracicThe feeding is complicated by gastric colic and the accumulation of gases. To get rid of these problems, use a gas pipe and such drugs as "Sab Simplex", "Espumizan" and "Plantex."
Diarrhea in a newborn with breastfeeding
In addition to constipation, there are problems withbreastfeeding, as diarrhea and its consequence - the probability of dehydration. But it should be taken into account that liquid stool and frequent emptying is the norm in newborns. In this case, the feces should resemble liquid curds with a yellowish tinge. However, if the stool becomes uncontrollable, even more fluid, watery and frequent, then it is diarrhea (diarrhea). In this case, streaks of blood, mucus may appear in the stool, and the color may change to green. The causes of diarrhea in a baby are most often malnutrition of the mother and intestinal infections.