10 facts about the movie "Mad Max: Road of Fury"
It seems that the release of the new blockbuster in the series about Mad Max has been waiting for ages. Recently, finally, the showing of films has started in Russia. This time in the action movie about fighting among the post-apocalyptic wasteland, the role of Max Rokatansky was played by Tom Hardy. Fighting Max will be shoulder to shoulder with the warlord Furyosa, whose image on the screen embodied the magnificent Charlize Theron. Editorial Bigpikchi presents ten facts about the film.
(10 photos total)
1. This is the fourth movie in the Mad Max series.
In the first film, released in 1979, the role of Max was played by Mel Gibson. Next came Mad Max 2 in 1981 and Mad Max: Under the Thunder Dome in 1985. The main outline has always remained the same - the film is a dystopia in the scenery of the post-apocalyptic world.
2. The plot is based on a line about two heroes who are fighting a tyrant.
Events develop in 2060. Max is one of the survivors of the desert world, but he is alone - his family died.Hiding from cruel Joe the deathless, he meets a woman named Warlord of Fury.
3. Work on the film was about 25 years.
Due to financial difficulties, the film fell into a “production hell”. The situation began to change in 1998, when director George Miller took over. They wanted to shoot the film in 2001, but the plans were hindered by the September 11 tragedy. Then the shooting of the film was hampered by security considerations - because the work had to be done in Namibia. Due to the constant postponement of filming, Mel Gibson refused to play in the tape.
4. The film was shot not according to the traditional scenario, but with the help of a scenario storyboard. Scenario storyboard - the film is a preview, its graphic image in the form of a series of sketches.
5. The film was almost completely filmed in the Namib Desert.
About this coastal desert in southern Africa it is often said that "the Lord created it in a rage." This is the oldest desert of the planet, it is from 55 to 80 million years old.
6. The film was warmly received by critics.
Almost everywhere the film received about 100 and 10 points out of 100 and 10 possible, respectively.
7. The film has been criticized for its feminist component.
Some blamed the tape for excessive feminist discourse - because of the character of Charlize Theron and the use of materials from the book Vagina Monologues, Yves Enzler.Male rights activists even called for a boycott of the film.
8. Based on the movie will be a book with drawings of artists and comics.
9. Work is already underway on the franchise sequels.
George Miller and Brendan McCarthy wrote a ton of material in preparation for the shooting, so there are already two scenarios. The main heroine of the next sequel will be Furyoz.
10. In 2015, the game will be released based on the movie.
Work on the creation of the game deals with Avalanche Studios. The game, which can be played on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, will be released on September 1.